Job Title: Controls Engineer – Industrial Manufacturing
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Employment Type: Fulltime/permanent/W2
We have partnered with a large Manufacturing Company in the Cincinnati, OH area to provide them with a Controls Engineer
• Dee Holland at click apply Responsibilities of the Controls Engineer :
• Develop new PLC and HMI programs to enhance plant operation and efficiency.
• Perform electrical controls modifications or additions. Aid in providing around-the-clock electrical controls assistance to our client companies on a per-call basis.
• Design control panel enclosures in accordance with NEC and OSHA regulations.
• Maintain electrical controls schematics to reflect the most recent changes and/or additions.
• Design electrical layouts, including panel location, conduit routing, and wire sizing on a per-project basis.
• Perform a safe, methodical, efficient electrical startup of equipment after extended shutdowns.
• Be the lead electrical person on various projects. Responsibilities include selecting electrical contractors, setting and adhering to the overall project schedule and budget, and ensuring a safe, quality installation. Performs other projects as assigned. Qualification of the Controls Engineer:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering-Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial preferred.
• Experience in an industrial setting with electrical controls experience preferred.
• Ladder logic and human-machine interface programming capabilities required.
• Experience with 480Vac 3 phase electrical circuits also highly preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with all levels of personnel within the Company, and with outside vendors, suppliers, and contractors.
• Experience using personal computers in a work environment for spreadsheet, document presentation, and drawing preparation.
• Experience with software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, AutoCAD and Rockwell Software products preferred.
• Ability to perform safely and efficiently in a time-sensitive environment.
• Ability to travel 50%.